Majestic Family Services is a Residential Family Centre and we provide expert evidence based parenting assessments for Local Authorities. We are currently seeking proactive members of staff to join our night teams managed by Qualified Social Workers. Night shifts are 10.30pm to 09.30am and we are currently looking for someone to work 2-3 nights each week.
Successful candidates will work directly with families, observe, monitor, record, help to develop the standards and services in the house through best practice and complete any other tasks as identified by the manager throughout the night period.
Applicants may have previous experience in a similar setting, although this is not essential. A diploma (level 3) or equivalent in Health & Social Care (Children and Young People) is a distinct advantage.
Majestic Family Services is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & young people, and we expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, an employment background check, satisfactory references & verification of right to work in the UK. Majestic Family Services is an equal opportunities employer.
• Resilient and motivated person
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written
• Calm, approachable manner, adaptable and non-judgemental
• Able to work under own initiative and as part of a team
• Basic housekeeping and cooking skills
• GCSE in Maths and English at C Grade or above
• NVQ or Diploma Level 3 in Children and Young People’s Workforce or equivalent
• Previous experience in working in a residential care setting or with children and families
• Any relevant or transferrable skills, such as First Aid trained
• Ability to drive and hold a full driving licence
• Knowledge of Child Protection and Safeguarding
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about improving the lives and outcomes for children and their families. We expect successful candidates to be able to promote the well being of our families through a programme of activities, groups and workshops which may be run in the community or in-house.
Majestic Family Services is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & young people. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, an employment background check, satisfactory references & verification of right to work in the UK.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understand and adhere to Majestic Family Services Policies and Procedures.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge on The Residential Family Centres National Minimum Standards 2013 and The Residential Family Centre Regulations 202 as amended.
• To work alongside and in partnership with team members and other professionals (Social Workers, Police, Education, and Health) to help families reach targets and expectations as outlined in their care plans and other plans for permanence.
• Keep up to date and accurate monitoring and records of the family’s progress plus any incidents.
• Attend regular supervision seminars and staff meetings, actively pursue relevant qualifications and undertake training as required developing the post holders own skills.
• Demonstrate a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and families in line with appropriate legislation and company policies.
• Contribute to and maintain a high level of recording and report writing, and contribute in meetings as required to assist in planning to meet the needs of children and their families.
• Those employed as drivers are expressly required to drive the company car as necessary for the successful functioning of the house.
• Maintain a professional attitude and appropriate appearance at all times whilst on shift.
• Undertake any other duties or responsibilities as required by the manager to assist the functioning of the care home or care towards children at that time. This includes domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning.
• Such other duties as may be deemed appropriate from time to time.
Safe staffing levels are maintained throughout the day and night, including a core team of suitably qualified waking night staff. Families are being supported and assessed by a well-organised, competent and caring team of professionals.